I read Next Avenue which is a site devoted to topics on aging, longevity, vitality, estate planning, generally anything people in the last third of their lives might find relevant. The more I read their articles, however, the more I see things that could easily interest anyone, at any age of adulthood. After all, we’re all aging and why wait to learn some of this good stuff? Like, ways to make life easier.
So when I read Yuri Kruman‘s article, 50 Tricks to Make Life Easier – How to Stay Focused and Productive Even During Setbacks, I knew I needed to review it here on ParentWhiz. This article is for everyone. It’s also full of things to use in your parenting and teach your children, in addition to making your life easier. And….50 Tricks!!! Not 10 or 5 like a lot of lists out there. 50!!! Go Yuri!
Some of My Favorite Make Life Easier Tricks
You can follow the links and read the full article, which I encourage you to do. In the mean time, here are some of my favorites from Yuri’s list.
- Sleep is the best medicine.
- Music changes your mood powerfully and quickly, better than any drug.
- Make sure to take a walk every day.
- Understand and automate your finances as much as possible, no matter how bad your situation looks. This is the biggest source of stress in life for couples. (Your children feel all of your stress.)
- Unplug from all your devices, and work, at least one day a week.
- Travel every chance you get, even if it’s just out of town to see a new place.
- Your health should be your first priority. Don’t abuse the privilege of health until it’s too late. (This goes for how you care for your children, too.)
Who doesn’t want life to be a little bit easier? Notice, I didn’t ask who wants an easy life. Life will never be easy but you can make it easier. I love this idea. We can make life easier.